making of: Luke Skywalker ROTJ jacket

Just a quick post; I made this jacket for my boy friend for CFCC.

This project took me about 2 weeks, pretty fast for a fully lined jacket.

I did have to remake the sleeves as the wrists were too tight but other than that it looks pretty good


I used a mcCalls pattern for a base but constructed my own patterns for the majority of it.

I used black polycotton for both the lining and utter pieces of the jacket, plus some silver satin for the front panel.


Over all, I think it turned out pretty well 🙂

I don’t have any pics of him wearing it but I want to remake it for myself anyway so stick around to see that



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s